We went over to our friend Jeremy's house to watch the game and I made these Guinness Stout Brownies. Guinness, brownies, butterscotch ganache and pretzels, what more could you want in a super bowl snack. They were great and super rich. The only thing I would change would be to make them a little thinner (I used a 9x9 pan, maybe 9x13 next time). These aren't super sweet brownies so I think I needed to up the butterscotch to brownie ratio.
What you need for the brownies:
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cut flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup Guinness
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (I used about 3/4 of this)
How to make them:
1. Melt 4 oz of bittersweet chocolate and butter in the microwave.
2. Beat egg, sugar and brown sugar for 3 minutes.
3. While eggs and sugar are mixing, mix cocoa, flour, and salt together in separate bowl.
4. Add melted chocolate to egg mixture.
5. Add in dry ingredients.
6. Add vanilla and beer (slowly).
7. Pour into pan, then sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate on top of the batter.
8. Bake at 350 until knife comes out clean (about 30 minutes for me).
What you need for the butterscotch ganache:
3.5 oz butterscotch
2.5 oz white chocolate chips
1.5 oz heavy cream (I used milk b/c we didn't have any heavy cream)
How to make it:
1. combine butterscotch, white chocolate and heavy cream in a small bowl.
2. Microwave in 30 second increments, stir until melted and smooth.
3. Poor over brownies.
4. Top with pretzels
5. Put in the fridge so the ganache sets.
Thanks to Hostess with the Mostess for the recipe. Oh, and if you don't feel like baking you can order these from Batch from Scratch for the low price of $39.00. Here's the fancy profession $39 brownie picture that wasn't taken after the brownies had already been put on the gold serving platter.